You’ve been feeling sluggish, bloated, gassy, tired, and your stomach pains whenever you eat pasta or bread. You might have pale skin, lose weight, feel fatigued all the time, and just dread going out to restaurants where “who knows” what will happen afterwards! You know something is wrong…..but aren’t sure what.
Lots of people lately have been trying out a “gluten-free” lifestyle, but for those who actually are diagnosed with celiac disease (allergy to gluten) it becomes more than a lifestyle – it becomes your life! Today’s post is for the newly diagnosed, to let you know there are literally TONS of resources out there to help you on your journey in your new way of eating.
You are intelligent and know more about your body than anyone else on this earth! When you listen to the signs your body gives you, and respond with healing foods, you will live a long happy life together 🙂 From my rose-coloured glasses, a diagnosis like this can work in your favour – you’ll be more in tune with your body’s needs and messages than ever before! Which is something not everyone can say.
So, whether it’s a gluten, dairy, nut, egg, sugar or even bean sensitivity, I encourage everyone to listen more to how their body feels after eating foods, and respond accordingly. You’ll tap into an inner dialogue with your cells, and trust me it will be rewarding.
Without further adieu, I bring you an easy list of resources to help you on your new journey!
– corn, oats (technically gluten free but usually grown and manufactured with wheat products so be aware!!), rice, buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth, fruit, vegetables, meat, eggs, beans, dairy, fish, nuts and seeds, wheatgrass (only the grass part), vodka, wine, chia…..
– Complete list of foods found here
Gluten-FULL Foods (avoid if allergic to gluten):
– wheat, rye, triticale, spelt, barley, malt, kamut, beer…..
– Complete list of foods found here. List of possible ‘hidden’ gluten ingredients found here
Certified Gluten-Free Brands:
– Enjoy Life (all allergen-free!), Bob’s Red Mill (lots of GF products and flours for baking), San-J (soy sauce), Rudi’s (baked goods), Pamela’s, Nut Thins (crackers), Bakery on Main (oatmeal), Glutino (bread), these gluten free beers, and TONS MORE! 🙂
Amazing Blogs with Amazing Recipes:
Wellness Mama – grain free
Sift, Stir and Savour
Oh She Glows – a vegan blog but lots of GF recipes
Gluten Free Goddess
My Darling Lemon Thyme
La Tartine Gourmande
The Spunky Coconut
The Domestic Man – yes, a man’s blog about GF eating and Paleo!
❤ all the best to my food-sensitive friends!